Who: Strawberry Growers of North Carolina
What: Strawberry Webinar
When: January 22, 2015 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
(You may join the session up to 30 minutes early. First time users read below!)
Where: Collaborate Session (Web-based)
Why: The issue of food safety spans the spectrum of the specialty crops industry having potentially damaging impacts on the entire supply chain. This webinar training is designed to assist growers in discussions with their clients, whether school tours, community supported agriculture (CSA) members or u-pick customers, on food safety practices that they are implementing on their own farm and the role that each of them play in keeping our food supply fresh and safe.
Presented by Ben Chapman and Diane Ducharme.
Website to Join : https://collaborate.wolfware.ncsu.edu/join/?join_session_id=LeMsxQuB3Vc
For those that can not attend the live webinar, it will also be recorded and available online at http://ncfreshproducesafety.ces.ncsu.edu after the event.
1) Ensure Java is up to date. Go to java.com/download ~OR~ when you open the session, you will be prompted to download or update your Java. Allow 5-15 minutes for downloading.
2) Follow the link above or copy it into your address bar.
3) The session will be automatically downloaded.
4) Choose to “keep” the downloaded file.
5) Click to open the downloaded file. It will be called Meeting.jnlp.
6) Select open from any warning boxes that pop up.
First Time Users:
Configure your computer (or mobile device) 24 hours in advance of this session.
Using a desktop machine? Complete all steps outlined on the Configuration Page.
Using an iPhone or iPad? Get the free Blackboard Collaborate app:
Using an Android device? Get the free Blackboard Collaborate app:
Technical Support is available 24/7 at
(877) 382-2293, option 1
This project is supported in part by the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Specialty Crop Block Grant Program.READ THE REST »