COVID-19-Farming Update: What We Know About the $900B Relief Bill
Although the bill is back on the floor of the US congress, here is what is in it for farmers and agriculture businesses:
- In total $13 billion for agriculture
- $1.5 billion for distribution similar to food box programs.
- $100 million for the Local Agriculture Market Program
- Much more: see links below:
- Congress Reaches Last-Minute Deal on $900 Billion COVID-19 Stimulus The $900 billion package includes a number of important provisions for small- and mid-scale farms, farmers markets, and other local and regional food businesses impacted by the pandemic.
- What’s In the New COVID-19 Relief Package for Agriculture? The package provides an estimated $13 billion directly to agricultural programs, with $300 million allocated to the Commerce Department for assistance to fisheries.
- COVID Package Includes Relief for Agriculture
- RAFI-USA Announces an Expanded Second Round of Grants from its Farmers of Color Infrastructure Grants Fund: Rural Advancement Foundation International-USA (RAFI-USA) is pleased to announce the second round of grants from its Farmers of Color Network Infrastructure Fund. The program provides grants of up to $10,000 to farmers for projects to increase farm viability, support farmers’ local food economies, and preserve traditional farming practices.
Daily COVID-19 Update as of 12/23/2020
North Carolina (12:07 p.m. EST): 494,511 confirmed positive/ 6,360 deaths
USA: (7:33 p.m. EST): 18,455,656 positive/ 326,088 deaths
World (12:33 p.m. EST): 78,623,752 positive/ 1,729,166 deaths
This post was created by Rania Hassan and Mark Hoffmann