Update on Honor Roll – Only $300 Short of $15,000 Goal (2.13.14)
I wish to provide a report on a highly successful fundraising campaign that began back in December with a goal of raising $15,000 to provide Strawberry Weather Alerts over this website from January 1 – May 31, 2014. As of today, Feb. 13th, we have raised $14,700 (just $300 shy of our goal). Growers and Industry members who provided sponsorhip of this service have already received acknowledgment in the mail from the NC Agricultural Foundation, but I wanted to follow up with this special recognition of the Industry members and Growers who “stepped up” to support this Extension Strawberry Weather Alert service for the 2014 season.
Level of Gift Giving:
$1500 or more (this is the level of giving we’ve encouraged for the strawberry industry’s plant suppliers). I can’t say enough about this group! This is an awesome level of suport, and without it, this altert service would have never happened!
- Aarons Creek Farms, Inc., Gregg Gordon/Greg Williamson, Buffalo Junction, VA
- Balamore Farm, Ltd., Joe Cooper, Great Village, Nova Scotia
- Cottle Strawberry Nursery, Ron Cottle/Sonny Cottle/Whit Jones, Faison, NC
- G & W Nurseries, Donna and Jim Goodson/Mitchell Wrenn, Damascus, AR, and Zebulon, NC
- Westech Agriculture Ltd., Nora and Raymond Dorgan, Alberton, Prince Edward Island, Canada
$500 to $1499 (this is the level of giving we’ve encouraged if you are a state strawberry association, or perhaps you run a consulting group that benefits from these alerts). My most sincere thanks to Hunter Farms, Bob Rouse, and the new Virginia Strawberry Association!
- Hunter Farms, Eric and Kristi Hunter, Easley, SC
- Bob Rouse Agriculturist LLC, Denton, MD
- Virginia Strawberry Association
$200 to $499: We had a significant number of growers really “step up” and make gifts of $200 to $400. Their generosity and leadership are very much appreciated!
- Agriberry, LLC, Chuck and Anne Geyer, Hanover, VA
- Barnes Farm & Produce LLC, Donnie Barnes/Heather Robinson, Willow Spring, NC
- Bernie’s Berries, James Kenan and Bernice Kenan, Greensboro, NC
- J.E. Cooley Farms, Inc., Strawberry Hill, USA, Chesnee, SC
- DJ’s Berry Patch LLC, Darin and Jessica Jones, Willow Spring, NC
- Leggett Farming Partnership, Brent and Sue Leggett, Nashville, NC
- Piedmont Produce LLC, Alan L. Baucom, Monroe, NC
- TC Smith Produce Farm, Curtis Smith, Seven Springs, NC
- The Rudd Farm, Kenneth, Joan, Matt and Ken Rudd, Greensboro, NC
- The Vollmer Farm, John and Russ Vollmer, Bunn, NC
- Valley Home Farm, Nancy Edwards, Bob and Janet Potts, Wartrace, TN
- Van Meter Family Farm, Danny and Trish Van Meter, Clarkson, KY
- Whitted Bowers Farm, Rob Bowers, Cedar Grove, NC
$100 to $199: We are still a little shy of our goal. Perhaps some of our more established established operations can consider a gift at this level? We had 19 farms and one nursery make gifts of $100 to $150 from 9 states!
- Brookdale Farms & Produce, LLC, Tom Baker, Virginia Beach, VA
- Carter Farms, Billy Carter, Eagle Springs, NC
- Color Burst, Joe Burns, Grayson, GA
- Cottle Strawberry Farm, Joy Cottle, Florence, SC
- Craven and Kimberley Smith, Gibsonville, NC
- Crown Orchard Co., Huff Chiles, Batesville, VA
- Fifer Orchards, Bobby Fifer, Wyoming, DE
- Fisher Farms Partnership, Beth Taylor, Whitakers, NC
- Harman’s Produce, Paula Harman, Churchville, MD
- Iseley Farm, Jane Iseley, Burlington, NC
- Lassen Canyon Nursery, Elizabeth Ponce, Redding, CA
- Maurer Farms, David Maurer, Wooster, OH
- McCauley Farms, Larry and Frances McCauley, Burlington, NC
- McNeil Farms, Steve McNeill, Sanford, NC
- Mount Olympus Berry Farm, Mary and Ken West, Ruther Glen, VA
- Sparacio Farms, Butch Sparacio, Bridgeton, NJ
- The Collard Patch, Hal Gurley, Wake Forest, NC
- The Hunter Farm, Nancy Anderson, Weddington, NC
- Westover Farm, Timothy Miller, Mc Kenney, VA
$50 to $99: We really appreciate this support!
- Horton Family Farm, David Horton, Windsor, VA
Again, I wish to express my most sincere appreciation to all of you for your contributions to the Strawberry Weather Alerts and best wishes for a terrific season!
p.s. we are still happy to add your name to our Honor Roll List!
1. Checks can be made payable to: NC Agricultural Foundation
2. A letter from you is also needed:
A simple letter must be included that states The enclosed check for $??? is an unrestricted gift to support Dr. Poling’s strawberry weather advisory program. The letter should not include anything else.
3. The address for mailing your check and brief letter is right below:
Raleigh, NC 27695-7609